Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dry Marbling on Nails

Hei Beautifuls,

I was itching to try water marbling for my nails ages ago. However,I did not get on doing it as I think that it's kinda messy to deal with. Then, the story change after I read these innovative idea of dry marbling on zip lock bags from Kitties26 and Enamel Girl. Awesome awesome idea, and so I did my try last Sunday.

How did my take go?? PICTURE TIME ^^

These are the colours I used (from L to R)
Ulta3 Spring Fling, Poppy, Plum Violet, Face of Australia Amethyst, Sally Hansen White On
First, I painted a white base. Then, I added strips of colour:
After that, I took a toothpick and draw lines from top to bottom.  Leave to dry for about 2 hours!
Sally Hansen White On, Face of Australia Amethyst, Ulta3 Plum Violet, Poppy, Spring Fling
You will need quite a think layer of polish so that it does not dry out and crack when dry!!
This is the result.
You then peel it out using a pair of tweezers. Then, prep you nail with a strengthener  or base that you  prefer.
Then, paint on a layer of nail polish. I used OPI's Argenteeny Pinkini. WAIT for 4-5 minutes for the polish to get tacky. Place the marble nail polish on your nail and smooth it out. Use the tweezers to cut off the excess and WALLAH you got your marble nail ^^
Left Hand
Right Hand
I have received compliments from my colleagues. I LOVE IT. It's so much easier!!!

Just for you information, I used 1 small piece of marble nail polish for my thumbs and 1 small piece for 2 other nails. Did I make sense???? For 1 hand I used 3 small marble polish. I also cut out a small piece of marble polish from the big slab of marble polish for both of my big toes ^^

Give it a try!!!

No comments: